Friday, August 13, 2010

my summer friday

This is how I spent the afternoon of my third Summer Friday! (We get four Fridays of our choice off between Independence Day and Labor Day.) I haven't touched my acrylics in almost two years... actually, make that three! I haven't touched them since I finished Color Theory class in my first semester at Parsons.

I remembered I still have a few blank canvases left over from my art student days so today I decided to paint on one of them. Before I could get started, I actually had to go out and buy a palette from Lee's Art Shop a few doors down because I realized I'd thrown away my old one. (It was probably unbearably stained.) When I got back, I then realized I only had one paintbrush left too. I was hoping I had a thinner one around but, oh well, I didn't want to go back out again, so I made do.

I'm really not a painter, and I've only used my Guerra paints for those Color Theory projects that took Cel and I forever to finish. (I still cringe thinking about the grayscale half-painting half-collage piece that took us 10 hours each to complete! Haha) I wasn't really expecting a masterpiece of any sort to emerge from these hands of mine. I was not gifted to be a painter. Haha, I must say though, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out all things considered. I couldn't really fix things that needed more detail because of the width of my brush, but I don't think I ever intended to fill in the details of my face anyway. I like doing faceless sketches and paintings; it makes life so much easier. *grins*

self-portrait


Sooo, this might look familiar... because it's based off the picture I posted maybe 3 entries ago, hehehe :) Now that I've finished cleaning the palette and putting all the paint back into my art box, off to other things! I'm really excited for Karaoke tonight in K-town! Jared has been talking about organizing this for over a year now, and it's finally happening! Hurray! :)

No comments: